Friday, September 23, 2011

Two Friends - Two Friends (1972 Natural Resources)







I have introduced this record album on my two blogs before and was lucky to get a message from Bob (Bucky) Wiener, the Leading Rhythm Acoustic guitarist, song writer and the other of the two friends.

"Hi, This is Bucky. Thank you for listining. We did this a long time ago but the memories linger. That trip out to Death Valley to take the pictures was gruling but fun anyway. Producer Tom Wilson came with us. Great classic recording studios we worked in."

Mail from Bucky: "We recorded the basic tracks at Record Plant,L.A. and used TTG studios and Mowest studios (Motown) I was able to sit in a few sessions when Michael Jackson (young at the time recorded as well as Diana Ross and Bobby Darin. Met Gladys Knight and Berry Gordy, Suzanne DuPass. Tom Wilson did produce all the artists you mentioned also Simon and Garfunkel. I like the way it came out but I really wished I could be there for the final mixes. Tom wanted to do that. Chip and I when we played live were just 2 acoustic guitars and we both sang. Chip and I played through the years now and then and we wrote alot of country tunes. I went by the name Buck Gregory. Cliffie Stone signed a bunch of our songs but not too much came of that. Thank you for mentioning "I'll be free". Chip and I met through a church near Sunset Blvd. and started singing during the Jesus movement. Then we wrote secular songs and most of those were chosen for the LP so I'm glad "I'll be Free" made it (also Must Be The Wrath"). Young hippie Christians making the rounds on Sunset Blvd to all the music and publishing cos. Third Story Music (Herbie and Martin Cohen) signed us and shopped us to all the major labels. I guess Motown was their best deal. It really was an experience of a lifetime. We did play "The Golden Bear" nightclub opening for Linda Ronstadt back in the day."

No comments:

Post a Comment