Thursday, November 10, 2011

Tea & Symphony - An Asylum To The Musically Insane (1969 Harvest re)



Poo..oop! Are they trying to be mysterious, clever and funny at the same time? Nonsense at its best, when genuine, can be great, but this is just pretentious counterfreiting wannabee nonsense. If this band were an acting group, i'm sure they would have confidently staged the whole production of Shakespeare's in one hour, including two tea breaks.

...36hrs later. Don't know what happened. I have listened this about six times now. After the first time i felt what i wrote above, and more. Then i had to turn to the album again and again. It forced me. I didn't know i was musically insane... How can one's mind turn around 180 degrees in 36 hours? I was sure they were just self-indulgently mocking me and now i feel like being home in this music.

...48hrs later. "Terror in My Soul" is my fave. The whole back side is better than the front side. The front side sounds like warming up for the back side. I now feel with this album like hearing Frank Zappa's music first time when i was fifteen. I liked FZ immediately. I'm fifty-three now and and cynically reserved of getting same feelings never again. So, I didn't like this from the first moment. I hated this. I was angry, because the immediate emotion how his came across was jeering, self-absorbing, scornful, empty... and now I have totally settled down at this asylum.

No comments:

Post a Comment