Monday, June 4, 2012

Jan Garbarek & Bobo Stenson Quartet - Witchi-Tai-To (1973 ECM)



When i saw this in a second hand book shop i thought i finally found my first Jim Pepper album. That was because i knew Witchi-Tai-To is his song. So i was a bit disappointed to notice that Witchi-Tai-To was just the name to this Danish fusion jazz band's album. Pepper's song is on the album and because fusion jazz is my music too i decided to purchase this. G-S Q's music is quite soprano saxofone-orienteed. That is natural of course, because Garbarek is saxophonist. I used to like the sound of it some, but in the long run i got a bit bored with if. It is funny that I don't recognize W-T-T when played this jazz way. "Kukka" is a song by Palle Danielson and it means "Flower" in my own language. It also is a girls name, but i don't know what Palle was thinking when composing it. This album is nice and easy jazz, but sorry to say too saxophone driven for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment