Monday, July 16, 2012

Ron Nagle - Bad Rice (1970 WB)






Rock'n roll and real life ballads. Ron has something to say and his message and lyrics appear at least as important as his songs. there is nothing left from his light psych past and the anti drug piece "Marijuana Hell" is one those where the song and the lyrics are in pleasant balance. I like these crazy american album covers. Ron seems to be a companion of misfortune to me. I know exactly what bad rice may cause. It happened years ago in school eatery. I was eating cabbage casserole made of cabbage and rice. Some grains were still rocky and broke one my tooth. Fortunately it was not any front tooth like what seems to have happened to poor Ron. He later "went down to 61 clay" in his own pottery making wonderful ceramic art. He now is retired professor of ceramics. I really'd like to have one of those artefacts made by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment