Friday, March 22, 2013

Yellow - Keltakuume/Yellow Fever (1975 Finnlevy))




Original vinyl LP is quite rare and costs around 100 euros when available. The music on the album is semiheavy "prog" or should i say frog. It is mostly composed by guitarist Melvin McRae (American). Yellow was from the city of Turku, Finland and made another album too by a bit different manning and name Melvin McRae Band. The original album is quite rare too. I'm sorry to say i don't get the idea of this music, i have tried but no... There is some good guitar playing by M. McR but not much more. Yellow was a bit cult band for me for forty years because my neighbour and my best friend's big brother ReijoT played bass in the band on some gigs (not on this album) at that time when i was a bit above ten. I had never heard it through only some pieces and when it came out on CD in 2010 it was far from what i remembered and thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment