Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ralph Humphrey - Drums


I'd like to introduce some of my favorite musicians who maybe are not too well known, but who i think are masters on their own area.

Some of my favorite Zappa albums from the first half of seventies are those on what Ralph Humphrey played drums at the same time as Chester Thompson.

C.T. may be better known than Ralph Humphrey but how R.H. plays his instrument on "Overnite Sensation" for example (One size fits all, Roxy & Elsewhere) is something that makes the album. I listened that record today and once again thought what is the main thing that makes the sound of it. There are many things but to me one of the most important ones are how Ralph H- plays his set. "Overnite Sensation" is one of those album i know throughly note by note.

Ralph Humphrey's way of doing things with his drums is something i have not heard from anyone else.

Wow, i found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN9eZNfWbEo

No comments:

Post a Comment